LOCATION VISITED: Slipper Rock Riverbank Tent Sites: Greene, ME 04236
TIME OF YEAR VISITED & DURATION OF STAY: May 7th-8th, 1 Overnight
WHERE TO STAY: 3 Tent Sites, 1 Tiny Cabin. Book here.
THINGS TO DO WHILE VISITING:
1. Enjoy the Androscoggin River
There is PLENTY to do at the Slippery Rocks Campsites! All 3 tent sites sit right along the beautiful Androscoggin River. John has canoe’s, kayaks & paddle boards to rent and use to paddle along the beautiful River & you can even explore a nearby island that sits on the river! You can cast a line & catch some fish, you can watch the abundance of wildlife that exists on the property.
There is also a tiny house (that you can book) that sits on the top of the property overlooking the river. John, the owner of the property, built it using trees that came down on the property over the years.
2. Hiking, Biking and Cross Country Skiing Trails
Enjoy the beautiful 10 miles of hiking trails that are maintained throughout the 400+ acres of property! John describes his hipcamp property as a “diverse landscape includ[ing] over 1/2 a mile of river frontage, a 10 acre wildlife pond, rolling hills in the meadows and steep forested terrain with more than 10 miles of multi-use trails running throughout. Our lands have long been open to local hikers, bikers and cross country skiers”
3. Dog Friendly
One of the best parts about this gorgeous camping get away is that you can bring the fur babies along! Bring your pups to romp through the fields, swim in the river & enjoy all the trails! The tiny house is kept pet free for folks with allergies, but if you are camping they welcome all dogs to enjoy the property with their family!!!
Why did you choose this location for your adventure?
We chose this location for many reasons!
- Because it is only about 20 minutes from our house in Auburn.
- it is pet friendly so we were able to bring our two dogs
- There is a GORGEOUS river for all the water activities we wanted to do like swimming and paddle boarding
- You can drive your car right up to your camping spot so no need for backpacking it to your spot!
- The whole entire property is like something out of a Maine Magazine! It is absolutely beautiful. If you have family visiting a want to show them what Maine is all about take them on a camping trip to slippery rock! It will be memories you cherish forever!
What was your favorite part of your trip?
The beauty of the property, how spaced out the camp sites are, & how warm and welcoming John and his wife were. They care so much about preserving the land and creating a true sanctuary for all the wildlife on their property. They are great, kind folks who will go the extra mile to ensure you have a safe, fun camping trip on their property.
Reclaimed Maine Co. was founded on a deep love for nature with hopes of inspiring others to give back to the environment and explore as often as they can. Whether you've recently reclaimed your love for the outdoors or you've been a nature-lover your whole life, we want to hear about your adventures. We're looking for like-minded people who are looking to explore new places and share their experiences. Learn more here or shop our Explore More Collection.